quick shout out to the people who haven't locked their wifi yet, because i can have internet while mine is down. still. i know, i know, my life is tuff. hahaha
see this top?
i liked the way it looked. i love the bow at the neck, the pattern, and immediately thought
hey i think i could make that...
the statement that creates all of these projects. hahaha
so i made this one
want one too?
here we go!
you will need:
1 yard fabric
1. use an existing top to create the top. fold your fabric in half. fold the existing shirt in half, and while cutting create a kind of cap sleeve. make another piece identical to the front piece
2. take one of body pieces and cut it in half. now, you should have three pieces: a back piece, and two front pieces (see the slight cap sleeve?)
3. sew the sides and shoulders together
4. now, let's make the placket. take a strip of fabric about 5 inches wide and should be the same length as the front cut on your shirt piece. fold over .5 inches on each side like so
6. take on side that you have folded over and place it on the inside of the front cut and pin.
then sew! it should look like this
7. get the other piece that you folded over and place it on top of the front cut, lining it up with the piece you just sewed. pin it and sewww!
8. placket done! and shirt almost done, great job :) ok, onto the buttons. if you have a button hole foot, that is awesome. i don't. so i did these by hand and it wasn't too bad actually. so, place pins where you want your buttons. space them out evenly. you will want one right at the collar and one near the bottom
i ended up needing six buttons
9. using your wonderful and dexterous fingers sew a little rectangle where you put your pin. i suggest making somewhat tiny stitches so the fabric doesn't run
10. using a seam ripper or scissors, cut open your rectangle and you now have a button hole! so go ahead and sew your button right behind it
11. after finishing all six button holes and button placements, i had a kit kat. so go get one. or whatever chocolate you prefer and take a BREAK. because you deserve it!
12. alright, we are almost at the finish line! cut a piece of fabric 4 inches wide and 48 inches long. i cut mine in half on accident. don't do that. hahaha
13. now, just make a tube by folding the fabric in half, pinning, and sewing. turn it right side out
14. pin this yummy little tube around your neck hole (yes, it is a word) and carefully sew it on. when you get to the edges of the neck line, decrease the seam allowance so that it flows out smoothly
15. HOLY CRAP. SO FLIPPIN CUTE.
i put a little piece of elastic in the back to fit my shape a little better, but that is totally optional.
you know what is awesome about this top? it has a HUGE bow on it! right under my face!
i don't know why but that makes me really happy
and it doesn't hurt that it was freeeee.
my favorite thing to wear with this shirt:
oh my lanta.
so go make it guys! i want to see what yours looks like! and please feel free to ask any questions. i looove questions.
ps- only THREE followers until the giveaway begins! i am so excited you guys!